If only we could go back in time, and save this world.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Dear
They call it Valentine's day. Apparently it's day of love. As I sit alone in my bed I wonder, how much of what's celebrated today is actually real? Some might call me jealous but I'll gladly assure them that this what I'm fine with. The only thing that might upset today, will be if any shop has run out of cute heart candy. There are so many couples out there who wouldn't need to give a second thought to clarify that they won't last until forever. In what state of mind, is that love real if the lovers don't even believe in it?
The way I'm raised has surprisingly nothing to do with my perception of love. I'm not smitten by the tamil film industy's ideology about love, the rebellious kind of love. These movies focus so much on how love will bring you in problems with your family, but if you run away with your lover and come back after a few years you'll live happily ever after.  In fact I'm sick of it. Selling young people dreams that makes them delusional.  But after all, we also should be able tell the real world apart from the written. I'm not influenced by my culture and family's view on love either. In their eyes it's dangerous. Not right unless you're in the situation where they can't set you up with someone.
My view is my own. It might change, but so what. We all do, so why is it such a big deal when our perception of certain things does.
In my mind love is simply just a connection. Sometimes you might have a one way connection which is quite a tragedy. But other times its mutual. When mutual feeling happens I believe it'll stay forever. Only if it does, it's considered real in my mind. Call me old-school, but I do believe in the one and only. But however if one stops breathing , it is possible to find another. 
Love just craves so many sacrifices, I don't see a reason to glorify it. It's so brutal.  Like it can tore your heart apart but also mend it. Unpredictable.

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.